LAD INSIGHTS: STATS OF THE WEEK1 month ago
CULTURAL CREATIVE INSIGHT: THE FIRST GENERATION TO BE DEFINED BY DEBT
- Generation Rent refers to those aged 18-40 who have been priced out of the housing market.
- Some say that education is a critical solution and sources show that the UK is below average at teaching financial literacy.
- Personal debt reached an all time high in 2018
- When it comes to the LADbible Group audience, 44% own their own house (vs 58% in the UK). Meanwhile 53% rent or live with parents (vs 41% national representative).
- 1 in 4 of the LADbible Group audience are looking for a mortgage.
Source: YouGov, July 2021
LADBIBLE GROUP INSIGHT: TRAVEL BEGINS TO SOAR
- Approximately 6.3 million 18-34 year olds within our LADbible audience plan to travel overseas this year.
- The main reasons to travel abroad are to see another country, to escape, relax and to experience better weather.
- 73% are not worried about the current Covid-19 risk and feel comfortable travelling.
- Since the start of the pandemic, our audience place more importance on cancellation policies when going on holiday.
Source: LADbible Group Travel Survey, August 2021
CATEGORY INSIGHT: RISE OF PEER TO PEER SAVINGS ACCOUNTS
- There has been a rise in peer to peer savings accounts such as Step Ladder.
- The scheme, which is not regulated by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, sees members contributing monthly payments into a savings account with the chance to win the whole pot each month.
- London accounts for 60% of members followed by Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester.