LAD INSIGHTS: STATS OF THE WEEK2 months ago
CULTURAL CREATIVE INSIGHT: THE ISSUE WITH MENTAL HEALTH IS THE GENERATIONAL DIVIDE
- 1 in 5 boomers feel it is appropriate to discuss mental health, but nearly double this number have symptoms of depression or anxiety.
- In contrast, 56% of Gen Z feel like they can identify anxiety.
- Tennis player, Naomi Osaka’s exit as well as gymnast Simone Biles’ withdrawal from the Olympics stirred a mental health divide by generation.
LADBIBLE GROUP INSIGHT: SPORTBIBLE OUTPERFORMED THE OLYMPICS’ OWN FACEBOOK PAGE DURING THE OPENING WEEKEND
- SPORTbible’s Facebook page achieved 78% more views per video than the Olympics’ own Facebook page (486K Vs 275K)
- SPORTbible only posted 12 videos vs the Olympics which posted 49 videos. This means that overall the Olympics had more views and engagements, but SPORTbible achieved significantly higher video views per video.
CATEGORY INSIGHT: 1 IN 3 GEN Z EXPECTED TO USE AR WHEN SHOPPING
- 1 in 3 Gen Z will be shopping using AR by 2025.
- Previously, people considered AR a ‘novelty’ however given the changes in our landscape, perceptions are shifting towards the use of AR whilst shopping.
- 2 in 5 shoppers expect AR to be an option whilst shopping next year.
- Likely due to the lack of current tech capabilities, only 3 in 10 currently want to try on clothes using AR.
- More than half of the global consumers who have used AR said it encouraged them to make a purchase.